Transfer to the 4-Year

Many RHSA graduates continue their education and pursue baccalaureate or higher degrees at UConn and elsewhere.

RHSA students who successfully complete the program and graduate with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or above are eligible to apply for transfer into the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources for a baccalaureate (4-year) program.

If a RHSA student plans on transferring into a 4-year program after graduation from the AAS program, they should begin to explore options in the beginning of their second year. Students can find a list of majors and programs available in the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources, which includes Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees. Some majors are better suited to transfer credits from RHSA and graduation within four years than other majors. Students should meet with advisors in the Office of Academic Programs if they are exploring major options and want to discuss the transfer procedures and credits.

How to Transfer

If students want to transfer to a major within the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources after graduation from RHSA, they should view the “RHSA to CAHNR Transfer Procedures” application on the forms page. Applicants for the Fall semester should submit their application by February 10, and Spring semester transfers should submit their application by October 1.

If RHSA graduates want to transfer to another major at UConn outside of CAHNR, they should use the UConn Application through the Office of Admissions. They should be applying as transfer students, and note to the Admissions office that they are currently a RHSA student.